Alaskan Owned, Alaskan Operated.
- National Electrical Contractors Association
- www.necanet.org - As a member of the National Electrical Contractors Association, Alcan is provided access to the most up-to-date education opportunities and identification of industry trends. NECA, founded in 1901, provides the most comprehensive resources for today's electrical and telecommunications contractor to meet our rapidly changing industry.
- NECA/IBEW Training Center
- www.njatc.org - We are actively involved in training our electricians to be the best possible journeymen. to that end we support the National Joint Apprenticeship Training Program, a state of the art training program with the best training facility in Alaska. It was designed specifically to provide five years of vocational education toward being journeymen electricians, linemen or telephone linemen. In addition, all of our journeymen electricians receive continuing education to ensure that they stay current with all changes to the electrical code and other industry trends. This means that when you hire Alcan Electric or AlcanTel, you are hiring the best.
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW)
- www.ibew.org - The IBEW was established over a hundred years ago to collectively ensure that workers engaged in the electrical trade were provided the best training to safely perform their work while at the same time earning a fair wage to perform that work. The electrical industry is one of the most cooperative construction industry trades, setting common goals to keep workers abreast of the most current technological advances that affect this trade while also providing manpower anywhere in North America where work for electrical or telecommunications needs to be done.
- National Electrical Contractors Association - Alaska Chapter
- www.alaskaneca.org - The National Electrical Contractor's Association, through its local chapter, provides Alcan with workshops and training opportunities that allow Alcan to employ the most qualified electricians working safely to complete all aspects of electrical work.
- National Fire Protection Association
- www.necdirect.org - The National fire Protection Association produces the National Electrical Code, the national minimum standards by which all building construction electrical work is to be performed. Meeting these requirements provides one element of assurance that the electrical work for your facility is safe. Alcan, through their affiliations within the industry, promotes continuing education of all our electricians, linemen and telecommunications workers.
- Building Industry Consulting Service (BICSI)
- www.bicsi.org - Through our affiliation with BICSI, AlcanTel stays abreast of the standards as they develop for the latest trends and advances in technology that are happening in the rapidly changing telecommunications industry.
- Buy Alaska
- www.buyalaska.com - As an Alaskan owned and operated company, Alcan has been a long time supporter of programs that encourage doing business with our neighbors.